It's high time we started some Middle-Earth Project Logs, so here's our first. These minis are for my Rivendell army (for the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game by Games Workshop) that I've been collecting for a few years, but haven't gotten around to painting. I'm horribly slow at this, if you've not picked that up by the infrequency of my own project logs here on the site.
We've had more than a few project logs the past few months that deal with using Army Painters' QuickShade, but I thought it was time to unveil what is the first project I've truly used it for on my own. Well, I should say this is the first project I've completed on my own using QuickShade, but I'll show off some of my poor attempts at painting aliens later on.
These models are painted with various paints from GW and Vallejo, but the true secret is the QuickShade and Anti-Gloss Spray. These materials alter how the model shows it's colors, and the QuickShade really does wonders on the smaller models. I'm looking forward to using these products on a variety of projects going forward, especially Flames of War.
The bases are finished to represent Mirkwood, where the battle around Dol Guldur continues to rage. I used Games Workshops' Glade Grass, some Clump Foliage from Woodland Scenics, and another Army Painter product - Poison Ivy. Really neat material, and this was my first attempt at using some to break up the monotony of the bases. Definitely added to the repertoire of neat project materials.
I'll be adding more stuff for Middle-Earth Projects next season! Until then, prepare your forces for our next Strategy Battle Game campaign!



No comments:
Post a Comment