States of Play

Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Club Member's Soapbox!

"...and that's why I believe all gnomes should be banned from everything - FOREVER!"
Howdy folks!

Today I want to take a moment to talk about the number of cool ideas for articles that have been thrown out at the game table by various members of our community.  Already we have contributors that let me post their work here on our club's blog, but I think we should take a few weeks and let every member of the Wargate who wants to have a say about something stand up and say it!

I have very few guidelines for submissions, but generally I'd like 3 solid paragraphs (at least!) and either a link to a pic for your article or a general idea of what you want for your article, as I'm pretty handy with Photoshop.

I'd like to get a large number of different articles from our members, so I'm going to list a few here that I'm always looking for!  I like to get input from our members, especially as far as our narratves go!  Most of these style bits are easy and fun to put together, so have a go at them, because I can literally use everything you can come up with!  You can find the general I prefer for each of these sorts of articles here on the site.

Articles of Interest
Always need these sorts!  From all members!
  1. Army, Warband, Gang or Battlegroup (whatever!) briefings!  The bigger the army, the more info I need...but hey, I might just fill out that extra space with information to tie it into the narratives in other spots!  Sound off where your forces are involved, entrenched or just hiding out!
    • Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 Briefings should look at doing 3 sections of 2-4 paragraphs each.
    • Mordheim and Necromunda and all other briefings should have 2 sections 2-3 paragraphs each.
  2. Roleplay Posts!  3-4 paragraphs, in character or narrative.  Your GM will appreciate the time you take to drop an opinion on their game!
  3. GM's should look at having a set of posts for each campaign they run.
    • The background page which will become the campaign log, on it's own State of Play page.  When the campaign finishes, the GM will wrap up the log and post it on the main site.
    • The "Welcome" post, out of character design notes.  This should be published near or before the beginning of the campaign.
    • GM posts with character descriptions and developments is always handy!
    • Any "Updates" the GM wants to give is appreciated!  Tell us how you feel about the last session, or the storyline.  The players will appreciate your commentary!
    • An out of character "Finished" post, after the game is over!
  4. Opinion!  Give a short diatribe about a certain game, feature or whatever!  Do you feel D&D 4e just needs a certain tweak to make viable, or do you want to change the club's policies regarding various issues?  Do you feel that werewolves are overpowered in Innistrad?  Sound off!
  5. Project Logs!  We love painted squads and regiments, and finished terrain!
  6. Product reviews!  It doesn't have to be new, just something the club is using!  Yeah, that means we might review Star Trek products from 1986.  That's fine.  It's also awesome.
I encourage every single member of the Wargate to submit articles!  Don't feel bad about your terrible spelling or grammar, our team of Archivists will make sure your article is full of Awesome Sauce before publication!

In particular, I must remind everyone to get with the army briefing articles!  I need these for the narratives, and they look great in the Battles Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment