That's right...aides to destruction!
With the newest edition of Warhammer out and the Wargate's own burgeoning Mordheim campaign coming soon, we've all been dragging out models and getting new warbands together. Jerry's never been much of a Warhammer guy, but he's been into 40k longer than ME so it should come as no surprise that he's finally come around full circle and has stepped into the arena for fantasy battles with his new army! I'll let him explain in more detail!
The Beastman Army Project VS The Army Painter
Hi, Jerry is my name but I am known here online at the Wargate as Warmaster Laserwulfe. I have been a member of the Wargate and alongside Warmaster Dave for 15 years. I have jumped back into modeling and wargaming with a flash and a bang! From my early and young beginings in AD&D 2nd edition, Magic Unlimited and Warhammer 40,000 2nd edition, life and fantasy have brought me to where I am today.
After many years of playing and roleplaying, I decided to re-emmerse myself into modeling and painting, with a vegenace known only by Chuck Norris. The Army Painter supplies have been my shining icon of rebirth. A great inventory of primers and quickstains, paints and tools, The Army Painter has been a big help. Also restocking my paint shelf has been good Games Workshop and Valejo paints, the old stand-bys of the old days and beyond.

This has been an expensive rebirth but also quite rewarding. I've dropped my 14 year nicotine addiction with the help of painting and model projects, and a supportive home. This has been a huge plus, finding my time literally absorbed silently by these projects. I have found this to be the greatest reward in the end - patience.

Patience and forethought is important to the modeler, giving and making shape in the mind first before the first sprue is ever cut. A hobby enthusiast's skills age like wine, slowly circling and coming to full revolution as time goes on.
Anyways enough about me and time. I have done several youtube videos over tyranid painting and quick army staining as some of you might know. Now marks a new time and new army to be stocked and locked by the old dog. Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen!! Awesome models!! Awesome Army!! It is right up my alley!! Skulls and evil satyr looking henchmen, minotaur guards, and spell throwing goat lords who dont take no lip!!

I'm very excited to have the opportunity to present and show step by step the process of quick painting this army for you at home to learn and use yourself on your own hobby projects. I will be starting a full out project log and explain the process here on the Wargate as well as with accompanying youtube videos. Please use my work to enhance your own or share with other hobbyists.
A mighty shout goes out to Warmaster Dave! His works and magiks have long since kept a local circle gaming and interacting. Also to the Army Painter, for putting such awesome supplies out there for us to use.
Enjoy and learn,
Jerry
No comments:
Post a Comment