States of Play

Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Lt. Caine's Skirmish Team! (15 Points)

Well, the Warmachine season is over, so for the next few months we'll be working on some other nifty modelling projects.  Yet before it's too long forgotten, I'm going to post this last season's project log as I actually got something accomplished (however small the project...)!

I finally buckled down and started painting, and turned out a 15 point force for my warcaster, Lt. Caine.  I've heard he's not all that competitive (and I certainly didn't do well in the campaign) but I don't know if it was because my force selection wasn't up to par or just being newish to Warmachine in general.  Whatever that case may be, I do think I painted some passable models.

Lt. Caine

I decided to do this project with Army Painter Quickshade, which a lot of our recent projects have been using.  This particular army is done with Strong Tone, as I prefer a darker appearance.  I used a variety of Games Workshop and Army Painter colors, and basically tried to paint the scheme from the books, which is sort of a new thing for me.

Gun Mage Captain-Adept

Warmachine has a nifty advantage in terms of painting projects.  That is, the forces are smaller than the hordes of minis you have to paint for some other games.  Not that I mind that, but I find the smaller forces for a lot of the Schedule 2 games make for satisfying opportunities to accomplish something with my downtime.

Hunter Light Warjack

Warjacks are fun to paint.  That is really the point of this entire post.

Charger Light Warjack

It makes me want to play Battletech, really.  I might really yearn for a Rifleman and a Longbow, but these 'jacks do scratch the giant robot sized itch in my heart.

Defender Heavy Warjack

I finished the bases with a combination of Autumn Blend and Autumn Foliage, by Gale Force 9.  I really liked the effect, and I'll be playing with these a lot in the future I can tell.  It's always neat to do something different for the bases, and to be quite honest I wanted to break from my "Forbidden Planet" routine for bases.

Long Range Recon (15 pts) - March 2011
Next season we're expanding to 25 points!  There will be more mayhem and 'jack handling in the Iron Kingdoms in a few months, and we're going to be seeing a lot more projects for Warmachine down the line.

Bone out!


No comments:

Post a Comment