States of Play

Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Warhammer 40,000 Project Log

March 13th, 2010

Season: Warhammer 40,000
Army: Alpha Legion (1000)
Unit: Ravage

Yo! It’s been a bit but I’m finally finished with this new tank. My inconsistency has set me back in the project, so I’m going to fight to catch up to my self-imposed schedule I set myself to fifteen months ago.

Anyways, on to the tank!



The most noticeable difference is that this one uses Midnight Blue as the base color rather than the Storm Blue I used on Spite. Storm Blue is off the market, though I might be able to find some in someone’s unused and forgotten paint stack someday. However, I’m not really disappointed with the look. It’s definitely darker, but that’s not such a big deal really.

I varied the riveting on this one as well, with silver instead of brass rivets along the length of the hull. The contrast paid off well I think, though the look is far from uniform with Spite. Side by side the two tanks are very distinct, but not like they don’t belong to the same military force. Or at least I like to think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment