February 6th, 2009 – October 1st, 2009
Season: Warhammer 40,000
Army: Alpha Legion (1000)
Unit: Commander Jhevex’s Legionnaires
On this unit I again had half the squad done already, from back in ’03. The way I split my existing units meant that on most of them half the marines were already painted. I had to split them by special weapons, for you can no longer have a heavy weapon in a squad under 10 men. My original three squads were seven men, and now are ten.
These are the five men of Squad Jhevex that were already painted. Notice the Impurity Seal on Commander Jhevex’s shoulder. Most impious!!
The marine to the right of the missile launcher was a prototype I had done using a buddy’s spare marine and another buddy’s spare chaos bits, from ’02. It sat on my computer desk with a few other ‘prototype’ style models for about six months before I decide I wanted a proper army of Alpha Legion – right about the time they updated the Codex in ’03.
Another interesting story – the marine to the left of the plasma gunner I got extremely angry with while I was working on it…I don’t really remember why. Anyways, my temper could get the better of me back then…and I crushed it with my fist. My girlfriend, who saved a lot of my models I had deemed unworthy, came in to find the foolish marine in its constituent atoms. After a short dialogue concerning how not to give up on things immediately, I put that marine back together again. The only evidence that it was ever broken are the cracks across its horn, which I inked in and decided it looked pretty cool!
On the remaining five men, I wanted to emphasize the green a little more so I put a little more on the more raised areas of the models, and toned it back down with a Nauseating Blue inking.
I would not return to this project for nearly 8 months, during which time I built a new game board for us to play our games on and get a little more interest generated in the community. This has set me back almost a year on this project blog, so I will be generating more and finishing what I have begun. If I work hard enough, I will be caught up with where I want to be in the project. Yes, I’m clocking myself – and I intend to get what I had planned to get done this year completely finished.
Stay tuned! More to follow soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment