Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Upon An Oaken Throne: Sir Borscht's Letter
The Smith's campaign has drawn to a close, but where does that leave our warriors? Having formed a covenant and recruited new members, our characters are in an uncertain place in the fight against Zhentil Keep. Sir Borscht of Daggerdale sent a letter out late one night at the Harvest Tournament, while sitting up with the Jester he'd injured so seriously.
Dearest Violencia,
I hope this letter finds you well. Please forgive my messenger, as his injuries prevent him from speaking too well - but I hope the inclusion of the locket proves he is my proxy.
I shall not return to Daggerdale for some time. The leadership of the Dalelands cannot be trusted to those currently in power, though perhaps Lord Morn would commit more forces to open battle if certain events were to come to pass. The horrors the Zhentarim continually effect upon our people can no longer go unpursued, unpunished - and I can no longer sit idly by and do only what is ordered of me.
I have seen horrors beyond imagining, and the terror that shall engulf the Dales should nothing be done to stop it will consume all I know and love. To that end, with my closest companions I have made a sacred covenant - we will do all we can to destroy the Zhentarim once and for all! A daunting task, I know - but I believe those I travel with have the best chance in all the world, for determination and resolve know no equal.
We are called the Knights of the Red Storm - a storm of blood for all Zhents! Our Crimson Covenant grows stronger, and our banner will attact more and more of the dispossessed and downtrodden to it's banner as it is raised over the face Abeir-Toril.
Would that I could return to you when I said I would, but for now you must remain safe in Daggerdale. You may not hear from me for some time - but I will not perish, nor waver in my conviction.
I will keep you safe, no matter the cost.
Categories
Palladium Fantasy RPG,
RPG Campaign Log,
Upon an Oaken Throne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment