The 10th of July was the big release day for the new edition of Warhammer!
We gathered a few of us together and went down to our local game store to attend the release event, but didn't have too much time to hang around at the store. Not much going on, except the putting together of a few Empire models. The store was filled though, and I wanted to stay (someone had requested a short demo) I simply couldn't hang around. This upcoming Saturday I'll be doing demos down at The Cave, so why not stop in and check out the new edition?
The book itself is silly to behold! It feels like it's twice the size (and weight) of the 7th edition book, which is similar in size to the 40k rulebook. I always like to get the big version of the rulebooks, but now I'm going to have to get one of the small rulebooks that will probably be published in the Isle of Blood boxed set. I didn't bother with the last edition's small books, but now it's simply a must - a few minutes with the book in your hand and you'll see how cumbersome it is! It's a damn pretty book though.
We also got some new units! We'll be gearing up for a Mighty Empires campaign for Warhammer which will see me take the Empire paired with our buddy Joe's Ogres to dominate the landscape in competition with two other teams: the undead forces of Josh and Skim and the alliance of Greg's High Elves and Shawn's Lizardmen. It should be quite a hoot, but is some distance off.
Shawn finally decided that it was OK to have Saurus, and grabbed a box. Now he's threatening to get more. Already the Temple Army he's plotted is nearing 4000 points!
Release day came and went, but the fervor for Warhammer remains! Very soon I'll be calling one-offs of Warhammer, Mordheim, Necromunda and Lord of the Rings after our 40k campaign comes to a close, so prep those armies, warbands and gangs to subjugate your foes!
Good Post, I look foreward to the chronicle to unfold. Im gonna have to put my $$$ on TK's because Skim looks the most confident. Confidence is 70% of any game!
ReplyDelete