It's been only a short while since we joined the USDEBA, and we've had our first combat action as a team.
We had been tasked by the Agency to investigate attacks by mutants in the San Francisco Bay area, right near the old Alcatraz prison. Creepy enough place, but intelligence said several vicious gang attacks had been carried out upon hapless citizens who wandered too close to the Fisherman's Wharf.
In a derelict building on Pier 35, we've run across a den of vermin. I don't mind rats, unless they are more than 6 foot tall and armed with guns and machetes. That's exactly what we found, once we got it out of the smaller and weaker ratmen who had crowded into the building. Evidently, there were two castes of ratmen, and one set had a slight amount of organization.
The ratmen had guns and blades, and one of them wore a uniform. They were belligerent and did not attempt to parley. It was soon after we saw them that combat was joined...
![]() |
| So I prepared some more BALEFIRE. |
Deeper down, we a group of the larger ratmen and discovered a sort of underground complex. There was a distinct electrical vibe in the air, and the ground began to shake as if from an earthquake. It is then we decided to bring our new ally, Old Ben the Ratman, back to the compound for questioning.
We are rearming ourselves for an adjusted operation beneath the pier. I must convince these Americans to help fund my research...they love weapons just as much as I do. My Balefire weapon designs will give us the edge we need - my breakthroughs have thus far led me to a position of importance...but I am far from nailing down what I am missing to accomplish my more promising enchantment designs.
In the meantime, my balefire spells will be put to good use in the Rat Hole. I will gain a lot of practical experience...perhaps soon my Balelock Pistols, Balefire Rounds, Soulseeker Rounds, Balefire Grenades and Balefire Flares can become a reality.

No comments:
Post a Comment