Well, we did it again yesterday. No, I don't mean get fall-down drunk and crawl under the table (even if we had that covered). I mean another Magic: The Gathering booster draft! This time things went a little faster, as everyone has had a lot more experience with the basic set, as we used Magic 2011 as our draft box.
Banter around the draft table was a little more subdued, but everything went great as we drew our battle plans and took the spells we wanted. I was a little surprised only one other person drafted black, and as it turned out we both crafted killer decks. Looking around the table it became apparent that several people were drafting white, and it turned out there were more than a couple of dual (green or blue) white decks that hit the board.
Only one three pack winner this time - myself, The Bone! Not that I had a right to win, as I got staggeringly drunk as the night wore on. Skim won a pack, marking his first match win at a tournament here at the Wargate! It's going to be a blast going forward, and everyone has made it clear that Magic drafts are one of their favorite features of the club. We plan on hosting Mirrodin Besieged in the next few weeks, but later this week our local game store, The Cave, will be hosting a Mirrodin Besieged booster draft this Friday. Anyone who wishes to attend the draft tournament Friday night should check with those awesome guys down there. We hope to see you at the draft at The Cave, where you can get some draft experience before you head into the Wargate for our next tournament!
Lastly, I don't remember a lot about what happened at Pathfinder - but I remember casting both my heal spells and stabilizing Greg. Of course, he got to -6 hp before I realized what was happening and moved the 3 squares to save him. It wasn't too much longer after that, I ceased functioning and found someplace dark (under the table).
Well, I only had the two spells anyways.


No comments:
Post a Comment