Our new World of Darkness game is in full swing now! We're coming back this next Sunday for the 3rd week of this game, and it's pretty much done a 180 degree turn from where we thought it was going. It's even a little confusing, with all the conspiracies going around. I thought I'd clarify a few things for everyone...including myself.
What follows is Agent Doan's assessment of the current situation after the events of Week 2's game. This report was delivered to Mr. Black of the ISA.
Dr. Dagon's Dangerous Deals
It is unclear to me how exactly a person such as Dr. Dagon could become involved in this mess. I know he's made some deals to ensure the safety of his previous charges, but this is fast approaching lunacy. I understand he is liaison to the company while we are embedded on this mission, but I have my doubts about his capacity to make crucial decisions. While he has been "helpful" during prisoner interrogations, it is my opinion that the good Doctor is in way over his head. Subordination to his high-minded notions of 'fairness' and 'decency' may not be an option during certain operations to maintain safety and security of Phoenix agents.
Whatever the case, the Doctor made deals with the ISA and other unknown agencies (?) in order to place the team where it is. I understand that this was his therapy group and he has a vested interest in where this goes, however it may fast be headed wherever it is going without him.
Incident at the Loft
At some point, the loft the group used as a residence while undergoing therapy was attacked by government soldiers. We have assumed these well equipped and drilled soldiers to have been sent by the Shadow Government. It was not long after that that Mr. Black approached the Doctor regarding sensitive materials possessed by one of the therapy group's members, one J.B. Andersen.
There were fatalities, but none on our side. That is a miracle. Somehow, Dr. Dagon was able to contact the correct persona on our side and Mr. Black was sent to facilitate the operation.

Enter the ISA
As I understand it, the Mr. Black and the ISA propositioned Dagon to sign everything over to the company. Now considered soldiers, the random group of lunatics sign the documents required by the government to facilitate their disappearance, and the group is assigned 9 weeks of intense training to be presided over by myself.
The Island
During the 9 weeks on the island, very few of my charges proved themselves capable soldiers. Now however, they possess basic skills required of the greenest soldiers. This is without a doubt the most pathetic team of of insurgents I have ever trained. It consists mainly of old men, young boys and women, with only one or two capable fighters in the whole lot. Those that are capable of fighting aren't properly trained, and it's only a matter of time before everyone is killed if committed to action now. This assessment is also given in my report to the RTC.
The Phoenix Team
In a move of colossal idiocy that could only be perpetrated by High Command, we are garrisoned in the very loft that came under attack previously. It has been equipped with rudimentary defenses and a soundproof room that we can use for interrogations, which I quickly put to use. If there is one caveat I have with command during this mission, it's that no goals were specified by the ISA other than to assist with group operations. Operations? To what end? High Command MUST note my disdain for this sort of disjointed intelligence operation - I had to piece together what information I could from the rantings of lunatics JUST to understand our primary objective. This is entirely unsatisfactory, and I reserve the right to go to ground at any time, with or without the authorization the High Command. If there were more information available (or made available) I wouldn't have to guess if I am to act as bodyguard, assassin, interrogator or simply reconnaissance.
It wouldn't be until much later that I understood the ramifications of the scraps of intelligence I was able to gather. I recommend an intelligence operative be put on this detail simply to gather information related to whatever the end-mission objectives will be.

Operation Latin Splat
As it happens, Andersen has a history with the initial targets. Given a simple target but no objectives, we spent two days casing this decrepit hovel out in the industrial section. There was little activity around the house, so on day 3 we effected entry and apprehended two common criminals with little trouble.
In the house was evidence of organ theft (including a still living human subject who had several pieces removed) and a huge amount of a substance resembling methamphetamine. We made sure the survivor was retrieved by rescue personnel (without being detected) and destroyed the house by immolation. Samples of the drug were taken and are included in this report to be analyzed by ISA experts.
Interrogation Techniques
The two prisoners were taken to the loft, where interrogations proved to be more challenging than one might expect from street scum. However, we were able to piece a few things together, and perhaps I have gleaned a little intelligence from their pain induced ramblings. It seems we are targeted on one Papa Tito, apparently a cartel kingpin. The gang members attribute magical powers to this drug lord, which is not uncommon amongst the drug addled soldiery of other cartels. That it is on American soil makes me sick, and assassinations will be effected on key cartel personnel.
Interrogations will be performed on any prisoners captured and will invariably end in mortality for all such subjects. Included are scans of skin fragments taken from the initial subjects from the meth house, including a skin fragment of what appears to be a tattoo made of ink distilled from the methamphetamine. Note the greenish tint of the tattoo ink and the sample drug I have included.
Initial Conclusion: Papa Tito enforces the belief he is magical with 'human sacrifice' (organ theft) and 'mystical branding' (the tattoos). This pathology is evident in many third world cultures where drugs provide the main source of income for the "upper" class in those situations.

The Truth About Moon Magic
I have been told that the root of our issues lies in a file supposedly possessed by Andersen, to which all roads seem to lead. Inside are (purportedly) various photos that allude to a discovery of indeterminate nature on the moon's surface. This discovery has had mystical or religious significance with at least two factions (which may be the same faction - the Shadow Government and the Cartel). Andersen believes that Papa Tito is somehow involved and that it is linked the the slaughter of his family. How this can be true I do not know, but I suspect that someone at the Agency does, and hereby request access to such intelligence. Denial of this request will be met with inefficiency of action and, eventually, loss of the team to the decisions of commanders ignorant of the full scope of the situation. If this recklessness and loss of the team is desired, we can effect that to a much greater degree of accuracy than letting this "plan" reach it's idiotic conclusion.
Late Night Incidents - After Hours
Agreeing to follow Andersen to the place where he had hidden the file he claims everyone is out to get, we are followed out to a lonely stretch of road by a black unmarked car. Upon confronting our tail, they produce guns and I am injured, though it is only a minor wound that does not impede our ability to dispatch our followers. They were recalcitrant to talk, and we were in the open. They had absolutely no identifying marks. The team quickly terminated them and hid the evidence near the road. Enclosed is the approximate location, make and model and rough description of the inhabitants of the car. It is possible the car has not yet been retrieved by the enemy or the civil authorities.
We progressed to the spot where the file was buried, in a small pond. We found the file and I have read it.
Objective Priority
I do not understand. None of this can be real, though I'm sure it is based on how vehemently the opposition is pursuant to it. Also, their willingness to die is commendable - if I obtain an interrogation subject I will work very hard to break that conditioning and retrieve usable intelligence.
I'm unsure of the next objective, though I'm sure it involves the assassination or interrogation of Papa Tito. We will begin working toward this at first light.
Conclusion
The evidence suggests the following.
Papa Tito was somehow involved in a government cover up regarding what was truly found during the space race with Russia. The nature of the finding is indeterminate, however a solid and perhaps semi-mystical belief has sprung up around this "urban legend". Agents of the enemy are conditioned well, but the foot soldiers of the drug lord aren't as disciplined. Also, it seems that the drug may be using rendered down human organs as a critical ingredient. It is unknown how this is accomplished, recommend extensive testings of sample to confirm.
Disregarding the information in the file as a hoax, there are obviously factions who hold it in so high esteem as to approach religious fervor. Whether or not it's true, our enemies believe that it is. This is a weapon we can use.
Request orders, clarifications, intelligence, and clearer field objectives. Request intelligence adjutant in the agency to compile what is known. Request also, dummy files similar to Andersen's to use during subterfuge.
No comments:
Post a Comment