The Second Age
Lo it came to pass that the depradations of Ulgrim Ravenhair,
an exceedingly evil Vanir Chieftain and practitioner of the
dark arts, did fall on the People once again.
For nine years the warriors of The Raven took as they wished.
Yet ever were they mindful to refrain from taking all, knowing
that the tree cut down gives neither fruit nor shade.
Thus it was that in the month of the melt,
when the icy waters flowing down from the mountains filled the streams
and the hunters were rejoicing in their craft,
that The Raven came to the
. village of Ulo
The Raven did visit horror on Ulo and all therein save Ulos’ lovely daughter
Illiana and six other girls all in their maiden year.
These seven he took.
Hyperborean Adventure Log
- (8.23.12) Hunter's Lament - The Raven strikes Ulo's village whilst our hunters bring down a Elk. When they see the smoke from the raiding fires, they return to the small village to see it in ruin. The next several nights are spent running across the country, attempting to intercept the Raven's ships.
- (9.2.12) The Hag House - The Raven is revealed as a fell sorcerer in league with demons as our characters visit the Hag of the Woods. There, they find that they are in a precarious position with damnation on one side and despair on the other. The Raven's seal is now firmly in the hands of one of his enemies, and new allies join the party.
- (9.9.12) To the Boreal Edge - After speaking with the hetmen of several other villages and thier foreign friends, the party decides to skirt the edges of the Boreal Forest and see what they can find there. Perhaps they would seek the favor of the gods there, and discourage thier demonic pursuers long enough to challenge them. Naked hippogryph fighting is optional.
- (9.16.12) Goblins & Ogres - Near the forest's edge, many strange things are witnessed. Wolves near the camp are the least of concerns as goblins and ogres erupt from the forest to challenge the party, but those few goblins that survive flee into the woods.
- (9.23.12) Snake on the Border - A giant snake bars the entrance to the Boreal Forest, and the party resolves to conquer it. As the party's nerve begins to waver in the face of the true terrors of the Boreal Forest, they must decide at what cost they will pursue victory.
- (9.30.12) Borean Dilemma - The party is frustrated in the forest primeval, and quickly find it alien and inhospitable. Unable to progress farther, they find out a little more about each other than perhaps is comfortable...
- (10.7.12) The Grove - After the warriors find a strange grove filled with everything they need to survive, refugees from the coast start arriving. Strange tales make their way back to the warriors, and the birds in the Grove are strange indeed. It has been long since anyone has heard from any of these people who foolishly ventured into the Borean Forest...
Looks like our adventurers took a wrong turn at Albuquerque! Will we hear from them ever again? What about the Vanir's depredations on the Cimmerians? It doesn't look good for them...
Mayhaps other warriors in the Atlantean age will have the gumption to step forward someday!