Little Wars Adelaide Australia Convention
Hello fellow gamers!
This is a short article of my experience (everyone loves XP) on the Little Wars convention, held on the 12th of July 2014 in little ole Adelaide. Little Wars is run by a Melbourne group which have decided to branch out to Adelaide to build a better gaming environment. My experience started well, the door man was very welcoming and polite (even had a few jokes for us).
Name tags were supplied to promote talking and interaction (we all know that gaming communitys can be very clique-y and shy). The community hall was busy and a hive of activity. People looked like they where socialising and having fun. Majority of the gaming tables I visited acknowledged my interested and explained what the hell was going on. There was a good mix of vendors and plenty of bargains to be bought.
Special notes of interest before i leave you to see for yourself from the photos taken:
- (Matthew thecampaignermagazine.com) The campaigner magazine taking great photos of the event.
- Warmachine press gangers putting on a massive game of warmahordes.
- Dr Who local gamers with life size darleks.
- S.A Colonial re-enacters.
- The hobby matrix laser cut terrain. (Support your Local)
- Carwars made from converted matchbox cars.
- People with smiles having fun.